Higher shipping costs and longer delivery times have further fractured supply chains. Ports in Asia are congested amid logistics disruptions, container shortages, stringent checks and Covid-19 infections. Given this situation, some producers have tuned their focus to regional markets.
In this podcast, Rupert Claxton, a consultant discusses:
• Regional market potential in Asia
• Opportunities and challenges of the target markets
• The potential for regional trade
• Strategies to regain market share
• Future situation for the industry
Rupert Claxton is Meat Director at Gira. He has worked as a strategy consultant in the food sector since joining Gira in 2003, with a high level of specialization in global meat markets, especially in the developing world.