Precision feeding involves reducing feed and nutrient waste by only feeding the precise amount needed to reach optimum production. The pig industry has adopted this with significant results.
The process uses quality data and recipe management to ensure that each animal gets exactly what it needs. Nemie B Falconite discussed with Asian Agribiz his thoughts on
how precision feeding impacts pig nutrition and how sustainability plays a role in this system.
• How precision feeding contributes to the efficiency of nitrogen
• How it optimizes efficiency and profitability
• The feeding program’s success parameters
• Challenges of precision feeding
• How it promotes sustainable pig production
Nemie B Falconite is part of the technical services team that supports the commercial team in the technical deployment of Cargill’s products and services. He also leads the Philippine deployment of Agriness S4 in key commercial farms.