As much as the industry wants to repopulate, the risk of reinfection is till a big obstacle that discourages farmers to get back to the business. In this podcast, John Carr, addresses:
• Safe downtime for ASF affected farms
• Reinfection – how to avoid it
• Restock, at what cost
• The possibility of compartmentalization
• The old habits – What are they, and how to change them
• Examples of farms already have biosecurity but ASF still breaks in
Dr Carr is well-known swine consultant in Asia, Australia, North America, Europe, and Africa, and specializes in maintaining pig health via promoting excellence in stockman-ship and production practices.